Like many, I love pesto. And luckily, pesto can be made vegan really easily. It's so easy that I can make it in under 10 minutes. Yep, this dish can be thrown together and be ready to eat in less than a half hour. Who doesn't love a simple, quick recipe that even carnivore friends will love?
Vegan Pesto Pizza
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/3 cup pine nuts
4 cups basil leaves
1/2 small lemon, juiced
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
a few grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
Anything else you think might work, for example sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and olives would be delicious.
2 large pizza crusts (30cm)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add all sauce ingredients to food processor and blend until the sauce is smooth.
3. Distribute sauce over two pizza crusts until covered evenly.
4. Scatter toppings over pizza.
5. Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the pizzas are browning around the edges.
6. Let cool for 2 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve with olive oil if needed.