Monday, March 12, 2012

Vegan "Chicken" Fried Rice



So irritated! I seriously need to invest in a food processor. Anyone have any suggestions for one that is reasonably priced and does the job??? I've been reading reviews on Amazon forever, but get mixed results. I wanted to make these really tasty looking chick pea burgers for dinner tonight, but when I got home with all the ingredients, I reread the recipe that said I needed to process the ingredients!!! GRRRRRR... (If only my blender wasn't crappy, I would have tried that.)

Anyway, I ended up throwing this together with the help of Amanda (Check out her blog!). Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

Vegan "Chicken" Fried Rice
 Takes about 30 minutes to make and serves 3-4 people. (You can easily add my more ingredients to make more.)

Ingredients:
1/2 yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups mixed veggies (I used 3 small carrots, 1/2 red bell pepper, left over yellow squash and zucchini)
soy sauce to taste
rice vinegar to taste
olive oil
handful of MorningStar's Meal Starters chik'n strips, chopped into small pieces
4 cups white rice




Directions
1. Prep all veggies and set aside.
2. Begin cooking rice as per the directions provided.



3. In a large skillet, brown the onion and garlic with olive oil.
4. Add mixed veggies and saute until soft.





5. In a small pan, add heat some olive oil and cook the chick'n strips. Add to veggie mixture when done. Note that these cook very quickly, as they're pre-cooked faux meat.



6. When rice is done cooking, add rice to skillet and mix in a few splashes of soy sauce and a small splash of rice vinegar. Cook until well blended. Serve warm.




Mmmmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment