Monday, April 30, 2012

Vegan Balsamic Herb-Roasted Tofu

Untitled

I'm sorry I've been so awful about updating. Life has been mean to me lately. Well, not really, I should say that my brain has been mean to me lately. Lots of stuff on my mind that make it hard to actually want to do healthy and productive things, like cooking. Anyway, I'm here now, and I am forcing myself to work on this again.

Seriously though, this recipe is probably my new fav. SO delish!

Vegan Balsamic Herb-Roasted Tofu
Takes about 30 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to marinate, and 1 hour to bake. Serves about 4 people.

Ingredients:
2 (14-ounce) packages firm tofu
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme, oregano or parsley (I used thyme)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Directions:

1. Drain tofu and place on a plate. Cover tofu with another plate and weight the top with a food can or other object of about 1 pound.


Untitled

2. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes to extract excess liquid.

3. While waiting for the tofu to drain, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and herbs. Set aside until the tofu has fully drained.

Untitled

Untitled

4. Drain excess liquid and cut the tofu into 3/4 inch slices. The thinner the better.


Untitled

5. Place the slices single layer in a shallow dish and pour mixture over the tofu and let marinate 30 minutes.

Untitled

6. Preheat oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove tofu from the marinade and place on the baking sheet. Bake until firm and lightly browned, about 1 hour.

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment