Lazy Sunday!!! Made these quick and delicious low fat waffles this morning... er, well, afternoon... Turned out fantastic!
Low Fat Waffles
Source: This recipe is a combination of multiple vegan waffle recipes I came across. I wanted to make them low fat, to be whole-wheat, and to not stick to the waffle iron.. So I suppose I can't really list a source for this one guys!
Takes about 10 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook. Serves 2 people.
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Plug in waffle iron and allow time to preheat. In the meantime, combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well. Then combine all wet ingredients in a second bowl, and mix well.
- Pour the wet contents into the dry contents and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray. (This step is important! If iron is not greased, the waffles will stick!)
- Use a measuring cup and scoop out waffle mix and pour it into the waffle iron. Close the iron and let cook until light on iron indicated waffles are ready, or until waffles looks golden (approximately 3-4 minutes). Serve immediately and enjoy!