Simple. Quick. Delicious. These little tofu bites would pair great with steamed broccoli or any other steamed veggie. They're light and have a great flavor. I'm excited to see how they do as leftovers tomorrow.
Savory Crispy Tofu
Source: Whole Foods Recipe App.
Takes at least 3 hours to marinate, a total of 20 minutes, max, to prepare, and 10 minutes to bake. Serves 3-4 people.
- 1 16 oz package of extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup sweet and hot mustard
- 1/2 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- pinch of chile peppers
- olive oil or cooking spray
- Cut tofu in 3 equal sections lengthwise. Then cut each section in half lengthwise and then again in half widthwise, for a total of 12 pieces.
- Arrange several pieces of paper towel on a plate and place the tofu on top. Cover the tofu with several more pieces of paper towel and press lightly to remove excess water from the tofu.
- Arrange the tofu in a container large enough to store the pieces in a single layer. Using a knife or brush, spread the mustard evenly on all sides of the tofu. Cover container and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- After tofu is marinated, preheat oven to 375.
- Transfer bread crumbs to a large plate. Add pepper flakes and stir together. Coat each piece of the tofu in the bread crumb mixture and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
Once again, LIGHT! Pick up scraps and wash cutting board, baking sheet, plate, and other small misc utensils.