Monday, January 16, 2012

Easy Tofu Scramble

DSC_0004

DSC_0005

My lovely friend, Gina, sent me this recipe months ago and I've finally gotten around to whipping it up. It's an easy one that can be done even on your laziest day.  I didn't have many veggies in the house, but feel free to add as many as you like to this delicious scramble.

Tofu Scramble
Source: Regina Leal

Takes about 15 minutes, tops.  Serves 1 person.  For more, double the ingredients below.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 package of extra firm tofu
  • 1/4 onion (mushrooms or spanish would also be great in here)
  • light coating of nutritional yeast
  • dash of ground turmeric
  • dash of mustard powder
  • some garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Begin by sautéing the veggies with a few drops of olive oil until they are slightly brown.
  2. Crumble the tofu with your hands into the pan with the veggies.  Note: Do NOT squeeze the access water from the tofu, as the tofu will stick to the pan if it is too dry.
  3. Sprinkle a thin layer of nutritional yeast in the pan and stir.  Cook on medium for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  4. Next add the remaining seasonings and serve immediately.

4 comments:

  1. aw! :) did you like it? i make it like at least 2-3 times a week. i always have tofu in the house. one in the fridge and one in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I loved it!! I was thinking about making it this morning for breakfast, but I was running too late for work. Boo! I actually had it for dinner yesterday. I love breakfast for dinner. It would be delicious with some fried potatoes as a side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm snowed in and just so happen to only have some tofu left in the fridge! Guess I know what's for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must make this for me.

    I also love the new header, guuuurl.

    ReplyDelete